So you met a girl you think you like. You enjoy her company so much you want to take her out on the town for dinner and drinks.
Here’s a few Man Laws for dating etiquette.
1. If you initiate the date you should be expected to pay for it. This works both ways.
2. Dress to Kill. You don’t want her to show up in heels, looking sexy and you got on a Kiss T-shirt you haven’t washed in a month.
3. Hold open the door for her when you go anywhere together.
4. Ask her about her. What she is into? What does she like to do? No one like someone who talks about themselves all night.
5. If you have a car, make a plan to pick her up at her place. Get out of the car and ring the doorbell and wait for her to come out. This could be anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. Get used to it. Also when you drop her off walk her to the door. Make sure she gets in the house. Do not just drop her off and take off.
6. Always open the car door for her. When entering or exiting the car. Even if she opens the door before you when she gets out, she will notice that you came around to her side to offer your hand with the door and to help her out of the car in those 6 inch heels.
7. A simple bouquet of flowers is a nice touch. Do NOT bring a dozen roses to a first date. You’ll scare her away.
8. When the waiter arrives to greet the table make sure you let her order her cocktail first. Don’t jump in and order before her. Ever.
9. A date is supposed to be two people getting to know each other. Listen to her and pay attention to what she says. Chicks love a guy who listens an remembers what they say.
10. Always treat her with respect. If she thinks you just want to take her home you’ll never get to.
11. Learn to speak “woman.” If she says hesitates and says she doesn’t care where you guys have a drink after dinner. She certainly does. Find out what she really wants. (that is a whole ‘nother post, fellas,so don’t concentrate too much on this. This skill takes years to learn and then you’ll still be wrong)
12. Go hard or go home. If you really like this bird you gotta go the extra mile to treat her like a queen.
13. Don’t get too personal about her love life. Never her ask her about her last boyfriend or how many people she’s been with. She probably won’t tell the truth and you don’t want to know anyways.
14. Keep the conversation on her. You guys will talk about a lot of different things. Make sure the conversation isn’t too one sided.
15. If she leaves the table for any reason, stand up when she gets to the table. Never sit down before she does.
16. If you guys hit it off and had a great time make sure she knows you’ll call her soon for another date. Leave the rest of the stuff for other dates. Sex on the first date hardly ever works out in the long run. It’s fun as hell but if you really like her get a nice kiss in before you open the cab door, get her in and slip the cabbie a 20 for her fare.
17. Inversely, If she’s not the girl for you its okay to be polite and retire to your respective homes. It’s fine to say, “Thanks, I had a good night.” Don’t make excuses about why you’re going home. A gentleman doesn’t make excuses.
18. Keep continuity throughout the night. If you took her to a nice restaurant, take her to a nice place for drinks.
19. Be a Man.
20. Last but not least, if you guys do go home together, keep the juicy details to yourself. Your boys may want to know how good it was but a gentleman never tells.
If you follow these tips, I promise you will have stronger relationships and better nights out on the town.
Stay tuned for more ManLawMondays…