You asked her out. She bought all your BS and said, “Yes, I’d like that.” You pulled it off, bro. Congrats. Here’s the most important part. DON’T SCREW IT UP! If you like her treat her like a lady and she’ll give it back to you and treat you like a man.
I love a good date. Nothing makes me feel better, besides playing music and the other obvious dating perks. If executed properly with the right company, a great date can be something you remember for a long time, or least until your champagne hangover wears off.
In an earlier post I gave a you guys a set of guidelines to follow when taking a lady for a night out. Here I have written some more ways to treat her right. I may repeat myself at times, but that’s just because some of you guys are hard of hearing.
1. Never order anything before she does.
2. Always give her the seat on the banquet, you take the chair. The best view goes to the lady. (This is the same on planes, don’t take the window seat if you know she likes it)
3. Tip the wait staff well. 25-30 percent is suffice, especially if they gave you some stuff for free. Always tip on the full amount of the bill not on the discount. The waiter or waitress works for less than minimum wage and make all their money on tips plus you’re paying the busboys salary too.
4. Never pull out a coupon. (See 5)
6. If service is shitty or they screw up the bill, don’t make a scene. Keep your cool. Excuse yourself politely and handle the situation calmly and collectively with the manager.
7. When a man gets up from a table it is only necessary to say, “Excuse me.” No other details are needed.
8. When walking offer your arm. Its just as romantic as putting your cloak over a puddle. Hand holding should be reserved for when you have a girlfriend or woman you love.
9. This one is really old-fashioned but when walking on the sidewalk she should be on the inside. With traffic closest to you. Reason being if some cabbie jumps the curb you can get her out of the way of danger and stop the car with your sheer power, strength and brawn.
10. Stay off your cellphone at the dinner table. You should make her feel like a queen not be texting to your buddies on the phone during the date. Wait for her to go to the ladies room if you have to check your phone.
11. Movies are cool for a 4th or 5th date but try to take her to places where you can get to know each other and actually talk. It’s easy to get along with someone when there is no conversation.
12. Chicks like spontaneity. Do something different than you usually do.
13. Stay away from sports bars for dates. Take her somewhere you think she would like. Same with gifts. Don’t buy her what you like, buy her what she likes.
14. If your dating methods are not working. Get some new methods. Never anything wrong with trying new things.
15. Practice talking to girls without the intent of trying to date them. You will have much better luck. Desperation is a stinky cologne.
16. Shut up and LISTEN TO HER. She’s smarter than you, you’ll probably learn something.
18. Lose the ball cap. If you do wear a hat, remove it when indoors.
19. If you drive to pick her up, for Christ’s sake, wash the car, man. Inside and out.
20. If you have more than one partner, she probably does too. Whatever happened to plain old one on one? Be a man, not a punk.
Stay tuned for more ManLawMondays…
I need your advice.
What do I do about a man who seems interested, is constantly being flirtatious, but has a girlfriend? Do I give up? Do I make my interests more obvious? Isn’t there a manlaw about stringing girls along?
Is it true that the days of 18-20 percent, for a spectacular meal are gone? Does the average fella’ gotta pay near 30 percent?